Looking For The Ultimate Man Candle?
If you thought candles were just for girls, you are absolutely mistaken. We completely understand why you might assume this to be so but we are here, on record to tell you – Barley & Hops Craft Candles are about to change this misconception.
How do we know this? Because we make craft beer candles. Our man candles are not made with craft beer. They do however borrow the aroma of some of the finest craft beers to ever leave the tap in many of your favorite craft breweries.
Craft Beer Candle 101: For the Non-Craft Beer Drinker
Half of the craft beer candle experience is in the journey.
For those of you who already craft beer fans, you most certainly know how diversified in flavor and aroma this magical elixir can be. If you aren’t a craft beer fan and I have managed to peak your interest, might I suggest that you . . .
- Start your journey in your local tap house. Start by bringing along a designated driver or researching the cost of an Uber. I am not suggesting this because I assume you will find yourself sloppy drunk, but you can never be too safe. I do share this bit of advice because craft beer typically has higher ABV’s*. (* Alcohol by volume – abbreviated as ABV, abv, or alc/vol – is a standard measure of how much alcohol (ethanol) is contained in a given volume of an alcoholic beverage (expressed as a volume percent).
- Pull up a bar stool. Think of the tap house bartender as your guide to the craft beer galaxy. They aren’t crafted “beer slinging” for nothing! They are most likely standing in front of you because they KNOW CRAFT BEER! For them, being called a “beer geek” comes as quite a compliment. Most tap house bartenders will be more than excited to break you into the craft beer scene, break your craft beer seal, or even pop your craft beer cherry.
- Get a FREE craft consultation. Tell the bartender you are new to craft beer. He or she will most likely start by asking you what you usually drink. You can even check out this nifty“What kind of craft beer are you?” quiz if your bartender is busy.
- Customized craft beer flight. After consulting with your bartender, ask if you can get a “craft beer flight” of beers he/she thinks you might like. This is a GREAT way to get started! You will be delivered 3-5 5oz glasses of craft beer samples. Your bartender should tell you what each beer is and tell you a little bit about the brewery it came from and the flavor profile of each beer.
- Read the craft beer menu. This is where craft beer 101 gets really cool AND where you might begin to understand why we make the ultimate man candles – craft beer candles! 1a.